01: All about Eyes 1
Activity 1. Read the idioms.
- ・ Something extremely ugly
- ・ What the heck are you wearing? It’s such an eyesore!
- ・ Something enlightening
- ・ My classes with Professor Red have always been an eye-opener.
See eye to eye
- ・ Have similar views or opinions
- ・ I love my mother, even though we don’t always see eye to eye.
With one’s eyes wide open
- ・ To be fully aware of the consequences of our actions
- ・ I went out on dates with him with my eyes wide open.
Activity 2. Fill the blanks with the correct idioms.
- My boyfriend and I have always been arguing lately; we’ve haven’t been _______________.
- I have gained a lot of wisdom during my conversations with my grandfather; his words are _______________.
- I don’t want to be rude, but your paintings on your last exhibit were such an _______________.
- I loaned my friend money for tuition with _______________.
Activity 3. Answer the questions with the idioms discussed.
- What’s the secret to a successful business partnership?
- Is your decision to get married soon final?
- What is your opinion on the new building?
- What do you think about the President’s speech?